Tell me all about this name, that is difficult to say. It was given me the day I was born. Want to know about the stories of the empire of old. My eyes say more of me than what you dare to say. All I know of you is all the sights of war. A film by Coppola, the helicopter's roar. One day I'll touch your soil. One day I'll finally know my soul. One day I'll come to you. To say hello... Vietnam. Tell me all about my colour, my hair and my little feet That have carried me every mile of the way. Want to see your house, your streets. Show me all I do not know. Wooden sampans, floating markets, light of gold. All I know of you is the sights of war. A film by Coppola, the helicopter's roar. One day I'll touch your soil. One day I'll finally know my soul. One day I'll come to you. To say hello... Vietnam. And Buddha’s made of stone watch over me My dreams they lead me through the fields of rice In prayer, in the light…I see my kin I touch my tree, my roots,my beg...
Lien Hoang Grade 8 Dec. 2015 “Would You Have Quit?” “The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.” (Thomas Paine) In history class, students were given an assignment to write an essay on whether to stay or go at Valley Forge during the Revolutionary War. Staying would be a better choice for me personally. I chose to stay at Valley Forge because why quit when you can help serve your country honorably instead o...
I once saw you on the cloud of souls. I saw your true essence. And I knew you were my twinsoul. Our love felt so intense, there was so much love it was indescribable. Yet so very real you and I were. More real than anything on this earth would be. I felt a love way beyond this earth. A love that knows no bounds. Knowing we always meet everynight on this wonderful cloud... It is like we were this cloud and I saw your eyes look lovingly into mine. I could have wept for the joy of it! Knowing nothing in this world or any world will ever separate us. For we are always one! One for all time and that time is never ending!
Comments
Post a Comment